Monday, June 17, 2019
This week, Mayor Bowser will kick off #BacktoBasicsDC Week, hosting events to highlight the day-to-day city services that keep Washington, DC moving forward for its residents, businesses, and visitors.
- On Monday, Mayor Bowser will kick off the start of DC Summer Camps and the DC Summer Meals Program.
- On Tuesday, Mayor Bowser will host a demonstration on the Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs’ new streamlined inspection process.
- On Wednesday morning, Mayor Bowser will attend a meeting of Criminal Justice Coordinating Council. Mayor Bowser will then kick off the 2019 Marion S. Barry Summer Youth Employment Program and announce a new partnership with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency. Later, Mayor Bowser will lead a Ward 1 community walk in Columbia Heights, focusing on the District’s Clean Teams, Trash Compactor Grants, and a special announcement regarding rat abatement across the District.
- On Thursday, Mayor Bowser will build on her commitment to public safety by installing a new, high-visibility ladder crosswalk marking.
- On Friday, Mayor Bowser will launch her ninth AlleyPaooza, a biannual campaign to repair or reconstruct 64 selected alleys, eight in each of the District’s eight wards.
- On Saturday, Mayor Bowser will provide remarks at the 10th Anniversary Memorial Ceremony of the 2009 Metro Red Line accident.
- On Sunday, Mayor Bowser will provide remarks at the 17th Annual Shepherds Park Citizens Association Picnic.